Skip to content
- All entries submitted must be original songs and shall not infringe any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. An exception is that a song that contains elements of another work may be accepted provided this is made clear by the entrant on entry, but in such cases the unoriginal part will not be judged and only the original parts will be judged. Songs may have multiple co-writers, but only one name should be designated as the Entrant on the entry form. All songwriters or band name must be listed on the entry form in the field requesting the names of the songwriters. Please list the full name of the songwriter(s) – do not use initials. Entrant shall, by entering, indemnify and hold NSC harmless from and against any claims inconsistent with the foregoing.
- NSC is open to all amateur and professional songwriters and anyone regardless of nationality, origin or age. Employees of NSC, its families, subsidiaries and affiliates are not eligible. If entrant is under 18 years old, parent or guardian is required to check the box on the entry form to acknowledge participation.
- Entrant may submit as many songs as desired in each category. Entrant may also enter the same song in more than one category. The current fee is N1000 per song or category. For example, if you enter one song in one category, the fee is N1000 If you enter one song in two categories, the fee is N2000. If you enter two songs in the same category (or in different categories), the fee is N2000. If you enter three songs in different categories, the fee is N3000, and so forth. Each time you add a song or category, you need to add N1000. All entry fees are non-refundable. NSC does not give feedback or a critique to entrants. NSC is not responsible for incomplete or misappropriated entries.
- Each entry requires the following:
- A 5mins or less recording in the mp3 format (except submitting Just lyrics)
- A Lyric sheet in word doc. format (except submitting instrumentals)
- A payment of entry fee – N1000 per entry or category added
- A complete filling of entry form
- NSC reserves the right to extend the entry deadline and increase or reduce entry fees for special promotions and/or entry deadline periods.
- Entries will be screened by an NSC In-house Screening committee who will select the finalists, and the finalists will be sent to the Celebrity Judges who will select the Winners. Entries are judged equally on creativity, melody, composition, originality, and lyrics emotional impact and overall likeability (when applicable). Some categories may have additional or alternative criteria. Lyrics may be in any language (please include English translation, if applicable). Production value and quality of performance will not be considered. All prizes will be awarded to the first name as it appears on the entry form, and division of prizes among co-authors is the responsibility of winners. Entrant agrees to accept the final decision of NSC and its judges.
- NSC 2020 finalists will be announced on 18th December 2020, Winners on 29th January 2021. NSC will post all results on its website and will notify entrants by email that results are posted. Entrant is responsible for providing up-to-date and correct email addresses to NSC. NSC is not responsible for entrant’s non-receipt of any NSC emails for any reason, including but not limited to, server or email malfunctions.
- NSC will use its best efforts to announce the winners at the designated time, but will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays. Winners will be notified by email or phone. Winners may be required to sign an affidavit confirming that winner’s song is original and he/she holds rights to the song. Failure to sign and return the form within the required time period or provision of false information may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Affidavits are subject to verification by NSC and its agents. Entry constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, recordings, videos and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
- All federal, state, and local taxes, and customs fees, when applicable, are the sole responsibility of winner. NSC will not pay any winners’ taxes or custom’s fees. Prizes will be sent out within a reasonable amount of time, and NSC will use its best efforts to send prizes out in a timely fashion. Prizes which are being sent to winners from Sponsors may take longer than prizes sent directly from NSC. If after 30 days any winner has not received any portion of prizes, it is winner’s responsibility to notify NSC within 30 days by certified mail, as to which prizes are outstanding. If winner fails to notify NSC, NSC will no longer be responsible for delivery of prizes.
- Entrant retains all ownership rights to all submitted song(s). NSC will not have any ownership rights to any song(s) submitted.
- Entrant acknowledges that all songs entered may be distributed to judges who will be selecting the winners, and Entrant agrees to release, indemnify, and hold NSC, its sponsors, and judges harmless for liability, damages, or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in NSC.
- By entering NSC, entrant and/or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of NSC and its judges which are final and binding in all matters. Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official NSC Rules And Regulations as established herein.